- 1 kg of lean beef cut into tiny pieces
- 4 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 soup spoons of flour
- 2 soup spoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of gingerbread
- 1 large soup spoon of Bister L'Impériale mustard
- 1 sachet of mixed herbs (laurel, thyme, oregano, savory, marjoram)
- 25 cl beef stock
- 1 blond beer La Bistérieuse of Bister
- A few carrots cut into slices
Melt the butter in a saucepan and then brown the pieces of meat.
Add the sliced onions, sprinkle with flour, salt, pepper and deposit the slices of gingerbread coating with L'Impériale mustard on the meat.
Wet with the stock and beer, add the sachet of mixed herbs and the crushed garlic cloves.
Cover and cook for 2 h on a low heat.
Add the carrots and cook for another 30 minutes.
Serve with steam cooked potatoes garnished with parsley.
This dish is even tastier when reheated.